Today’s entry will be all about how awesome this Center is. At the beginning of October a certain someone who I will not mention…
Food? Costumes? Gift Cards? Happiness? Check, check, check and check! Here are the requested pictures from our Holiday party. If you have more pictures, please send them to Carole Flores and she can add them!
First of all, I want to talk briefly about how important this particular charitable event is. All the money, time, and items donated in our campaign benefit valley kids directly. Our valley kids! The money is used to purchase breakfast and other meals for children at 17 schools in the Phoenix Metro Area. I think everyone should watch this video:
There are two ways you can support this great cause. You can donate money, or you can participate in activities! We have goals for both of these!
We are kicking off the United Way Fundraiser campaign on Oct 31st at Biodesign’s Halloween Party! There is going to be a potluck, pumpkin carving contest, book drive, and costume contest.
- $5 donation to enjoy food, or bring a dish and get in for free (brining food counts towards participation even if you don’t donate money)!
- $5 entry fee for pumpkin carving contest
- $5 entry fee for costume contest
- You can earn participation by also filling out encouragement cards for young students.
- We will be collecting children’s books all week, so please bring in your gently used or new books. This also counts towards our Center’s participation scores.
- THERE WILL BE LOTS OF PRIZES! All kinds of organizations across the valley have donated all sorts of fabulous prizes! Including Harkins Theatres, Buffalo Wild Wings, Cedar Creek Cellars, Chili’s Bar and Grill, Chipotle, Desert Botanical Garden, Diamondbacks, Grand Canyon Railway, OdySea Aquarium, Phoenix Zoo, Red Lobster and several others.