- Laboratory Safety Refresher Training
- Fire Safety Refresher Training
- Biosafety and Blood borne Pathogens Refresher Training
- Hazardous Waste Management Refresher Training
- Compressed Gas Cylinder Safety (if using gas tanks)
Each of these classes is available on line through the My-ASU Blackboard system (click on the 'Courses' tab and search for courses).
The training must be completed no later than the end of each January to be compliant and retain access to the Biodesign Institute and EB Labs. This renewal of all these training classes is required – no matter how recently the previous training was done. Upon completion of the on-line session, the researcher must email confirmation of completion to the Center Lab Manager or print out the verification of completion for each session and submit this to the Center Laboratory Manager for documentation.
1. Additionally: anyone using Radioactive Material must attend an annual Radiation Training Refresher class – this will be scheduled by the Center Laboratory Manager to accommodate the most people in one session. Those individuals not able to attend the scheduled group session will be required to arrange for this training on their own, bringing the documentation of completion to the Center Laboratory Manager.
2. Additionally: any one working with Humans Subjects samples must complete the NIH Human Subjects Training, available on-line and is valid for 36 months. The Center Laboratory Manager will inform all researchers when they need to take this training, which is available on line.
3. Additionally: anyone needing to drive a rental vehicle while on ASU business must have completed Defensive Driving Training, which is available on line and is valid for 4 years.
4. Additionally: all Environmental Biotechnology Center members needing to drive a golf cart on campus completion of Driving on the Mall is required