The Center for Environmental Biotechnology is a group comprised of nearly 75 people, and several Faculty members. As a result of the large number of personnel and their ongoing research projects, there is a very large amount of supplies being ordered – many times several individuals will be ordering the same items. This policy it intended to track the deliveries and attempt to ensure that the right items are given to the correct persons.
Policy for Deliveries:
The Center Laboratory Manager will accept all deliveries for the Center. The Packing slips will be matched up with the ordering paperwork. A note tag will be attached to the item(s) with the recipient’s name and the item will be placed in the appropriate location to be collected by the person to which it belongs. Smaller items will be place on the shelf just inside A207, large items will be placed on the desk at this location, items requiring refrigeration will be place on the top shelf in the refrigerator just inside the lab at A207, items requiring -20 freezer storage will be placed in the Freezer portion of this refrigerator and items requiring -80 storage will be placed in the freezer #61 located in the 2nd floor lab refrigerator corridor. An Email will be sent to the person who placed the order (or their designated person) to notify them of the delivery. No item is to be removed from the delivery area if it has not been tagged with the ordering person’s name.
In the absence of the Center Laboratory Manager deliveries will be handled in the following manner:
1. A small list of center members are designated as able to accept deliveries.
2. The person accepting deliveries will sign each of the packing slips.
3. This person accepting the deliveries will put all the packing slips on the Center Laboratory Managers desk for further processing
4. This person receiving will determine if the delivery item needs refrigerated or freezer storage and put the item in the proper temperature storage.
5. If the identification of the ordering person can be determined from the packing slip then the individual accepting deliveries is to put a tag on the item with this name. If there is no indication as to who placed the order request then no tag is to be attached.
6. No item is to be removed from the delivery area if it has not been tagged with the ordering person’s name. Only the ordering person may collect the delivered items.